Annons:
Tagchocolate-general
Read 1998 times
Niklas
2018-10-27 16:32

Does dark chocolate affect your sleep?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

That coffee can prevent sensitive people from falling asleep is well known. Chocolate can have the same effect. Often, if I eat enough dark chocolate after 5 pm, I can't fall asleep until the early morning hours.

Is your sleep affected by your chocolate intake?

(Photo by Charisse Kenion at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Tealover
2018-10-27 16:46

I avoid caffaine (tea, chocolate, yerba mate etc) after dinner (about 5 pm) for sleep reasons.

Is i would eat milk chocolate tha might be different but I hardly ever do

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Tammie
2018-10-28 21:37

It can effect my sleep if I eat it late in the evening like after 7 pm. But not if I only have a small taste. I believe that it can also Help me sleep because I get magnesium from the dark chocolate and that is beneficial for sleep. So for me there is a happy medium.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

jordan
2018-10-29 22:12

I only would have thought so if the sugar content of the chocolate was already high? Caffeine would surely play a much bigger role, considering how much the average person intakes.

Niklas
2018-10-30 09:02

When I drive for long periods in a day, I eat dark chocolate. That helps me stay alert.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-12-06 22:47

That’s a great idea!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Niklas
2018-12-07 11:19

Yes, for me it makes a huge difference. As long as the effect lasts, it feels like I can drive forever.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Tammie
2019-01-03 23:02

Yes, if I eat to much late in the day.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Maleficum
2019-02-08 22:35

I don't have more trouble sleeping if I eat dark chocolate late, but I don't have problem drinking lots of tea late either. And if I take caffeine pills I get a bit drowsy and not awake :P But I think it can have something to do with my ADD.

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Scroll to top
Annons: